Welcome to Elevations! We are excited to have you with us for this school year, and we pray you have an excellent experience with us.
Please look for your newsletter at the beginning of each month via email and Remind messages and hard copies handed out at the end of your child’s dance class. Important reminders and updates concerning dates, fees, holidays, and performances will be included in the newsletters each month. Please notify the front desk if you would like your email address added to the list; or if you provided an email address and have not been receiving emails from us, please check to make sure that we have recorded it correctly. Also, please inform us throughout the year of any changes in your contact information such as email, phone numbers, mailing address, etc.
We have three great ways to inform you of quick messages and updates in between our monthly newsletters:
- Email (you can contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facebook: Be sure to like our Elevations page: www.facebook.com/elevationsschoolofdance
- “Remind” text messaging system: You will see directions on the reverse of this letter and in your handbook on how to sign up for these text messages.
Tuition is due by the 15th of each month, so this month that will be Tuesday, September 15. After this deadline a $10 fee will be added to late payments. If you pay by check, please be sure to put your child’s name in the memo. All checks should be made payable to Elevations. Tuition may be paid at the front desk during office hours, or checks can always be left in the payment box, placed in our mailbox, or sent by mail. Please do not leave cash payments unattended. We also accept credit/debit cards in person or over the phone.
Combo class students are those enrolled in Creative Movement/Tap (3yr olds), Pre-Ballet/Tap (4/5 year olds), and Kinder-Ballet/Tap (Kindergarteners). Unless on the occasion you are told otherwise, please have your dancer in his/her ballet shoes for the beginning of class. Send their tap shoes in with them in their dance bag, and we will help change their shoes at the appropriate time. From time to time parents will be invited in at the end of class for a brief “show”. We will try to give you advanced warning on these days, so that you can arrive back about 15 minutes early as to not miss the show. Their first class (Aug. 31-Sept.3) will be one of those weeks!
Bring a Bear Day
We will be having several theme class weeks for our combo classes (Creative Movement/Tap, Pre-Ballet/Tap, Kinder-Ballet/Tap) throughout the year. The week of Sept. 14-17 will be “Bring a Bear” week. Please allow your combo class student to bring along a favorite bear (or other stuffed animal) to join him/her in dance class this week.
Closed Labor Day
Elevations will be closed on Monday, September 7 for the Labor Day holiday.
- Students should take the time to use the restroom before class, as to prevent distractions by students leaving class to go.
- Please be sure to write names on all dance shoes and accessories. Students in combo classes should keep their shoes in a bag, so that we can easily find them when it is time to change. Shoes like to go flying, and they all look alike!!! Combo classes will usually begin class in their ballet shoes, so please have them ready in those shoes first unless notified otherwise.
- We ask that you please be mindful of the parking lot, as it gets very congested at certain times of the week. Remind your children to carefully watch for oncoming traffic, and please be considerate of the yards, parking, and access of our neighbors in the nearby church, storage units, and homes. Please keep our front yard, walkway, and the breezeway in the back free of vehicles, and do not occupy the parking lot of the church in the rear.
- Remind students that though dance class is fun, it is also requires work and discipline! They should go into class each week with a great attitude, ready to put forth their best and show respect to their instructors and fellow students.
Save the Date!
Our annual school recital is scheduled for Saturday, May 15 at the Ozark Civic Center. Our mandatory dress rehearsal will be held on the afternoon/evening of Friday, May 14. Take note that this date has been changed since some of our original publications for this school year, as the city had to move us due to a baseball tournament. Please keep the week leading up to our show as free as possible for extra rehearsals.
It is not too late to order or purchase dancewear, shoes, etc. Orders will be placed throughout the year. Please see someone at the front desk to inquire about shoe fittings, purchases, or orders. Be sure to pick up any orders that may have already been placed. Cost of the merchandise must be paid in full before it can be claimed.
If you did not receive a 2020-2021 Elevations Handbook at registration, please let us know and we will get one for you.
- For now, anyone who enters Elevations (other than very small children) will be required to wear a face covering. Students will be allowed to remove them while they are actively dancing, but they are welcome to wear them the entire time. Staff members will keep them on as much as possible, especially when working in close proximity to students.
- Studios will be sanitized as much as possible between groups, and hand sanitizer will be dispensed frequently during class.
- Temperatures will be checked as students enter class.
- Please monitor temperature and symptoms prior to arrival. Students should not come if displaying either.
- If a student gets sick during class, we will quarantine that student to an empty room and call the parent to pick him or her up.
- The water fountain will remain off limits. Students may wish to bring their own water bottles into class. We also have a Coke machine in the downstairs waiting area that can be used between classes.
- Our main goal is to avoid congregation and congestion in the lobby and downstairs waiting areas. We ask that one parent walk your student into the building (Please do not come in earlier than is necessary to dress, use the restroom, etc. prior to class time.) and then either leave or wait outside or in cars until pickup time. Please do not sit and wait inside the studio for the duration of the class.
Again, we are so glad to have each of you at Elevations!
We hope that you and your dancer have a great year with us!
Instructions for Signing up to Receive “Remind” text messages from Elevations:
Please understand that the phone number associated with these messages is no one’s actual phone number. If you need to contact us, please call (445-4414) or email the studio.
There are two options of ways in which you can sign up for these messages:
- (Easiest way!) Send a text message from your mobile phone to:
(571) 421-2512 with the message: @elev14-15
You will then be asked to enter your mobile phone number. A code will be sent through text messaging to your phone, and you will enter the code on the website.